Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish, and I decided to share my list with all of you also!
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is Top Books That Are Set Outside of the United States. Shall we?
1. Love, Lucy by April Lindner
While parts of this book is set in the United States, the majority of this book is set in Florence, Italy.
2. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
This story start in Germainia (a fictional country, but originally a real world country) and takes us all the way to Tokyo, Japan.
3. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
This beautiful romance takes place in Bristol, England.
4. And I Darken by Kiersten White
And I Darken takes place in various parts of the Ottoman Empire.
5. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows
This comical story is set in London, England
6. This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
This Frankenstein retelling takes place in Geneva, England.
7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief is set in Molching, Germany.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a full ten for this list. Turns out I don’t read as many “international” books as I thought I did. Looks like that is going to have to change!!