Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish, and I decided to share my list with all of you also!
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is ten books I’d love to read if I had a book club! Shall we?
- The Help by Kathryn Sockett. I’m probably the only person who hasn’t read this book yet. I loved the movie and people have told me that the book is better than the movie. If that’s the case, I’m going to LOVEEEE the book!
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed. This one always looked interesting. Now that it is being turned into a movie, I have to read it before I watch the movie.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Sounds like a good mystery/thriller. Could be really good…
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I have heard so many good things about this book. Also a book that has a recent movie adaption.
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler. A book by Amy Poehler? I’ll read that any day!
- The Bees by Laline Paull. A story about a beehive from a bees’ perspective. Bonus points for a beautiful cover!
- The Opposite of Lonliness: Essays and Stories by Marina Keegan. I have had this one on my shelf for a few months now. Sounds like a good memoir.
- Mermaids in Paradise by Lydia Millet. A memoir about a couple who team up with another couple to find “mermaids.” But really. Could be funny or could be a bust.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown. A series bandwagon I need to jump on! Some many positive reviews and an intriguing synopsis.
- The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel. Looks like this one would be a very emotional read. But sometimes those are the best reads!
What are some books you think would be good book club reads?